As the Youth Work Crew Leader, you will be expected to lead and work alongside youth on projects.
Job Type: Seasonal 32-40 Hr/ Week
Pay Rate: 15+/Hr
This position is for year-round crews
- Responsible for coordinating all the daily operations of the three-to-four-member work crew.
- Maintaining Proper COVID-19 Safety measures as directed by the company.
- Delegate responsibilities to crew members, maintain crew discipline, and establish crew morale.
- Responsible for the safe completion of assigned work projects. Instruct crew members on safe work practices, proper use of tools, work quality, and efficiency of production.
- Responsible for maintaining daily work reports for assigned sites.
- Working with our designated community partner liaison on projects assigned to the crew.
- Responsible for making sure each crew member fills out timecards properly and accurately.
- Immediately report any accidents or incidents that may occur to the crew lead and file a written report with IYS. If the crew lead is not available, then the accident or incident must be reported to the Programs Director, and if not to the P.D., then to the Executive Director.
- Responsible for learning the skills necessary to operate all required tools/equipment in a safe, efficient manner.
- Responsible for maintaining vehicles and equipment following IYS Policy and guidelines.
- Maintain Maintenance Sheet with crew member’s assistance.
- Transport youth in a safe manner, complying with current laws and IYS Policy.
- Responsible for complying with agency policies and procedures as presented in writing or by verbal instruction at the Summer Work Crew Orientation and throughout the summer work program.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma. Previous outdoor work crew experience is preferred.
- Must have current First Aid/CPR certification by summer start date. (provided by IYS)
- Must have valid Oregon Driver’s License, and acceptable driving record during the last three (3) years and meet IYS insurance standards.
- Must have been driving for 5 years
- Must have had no alcohol or drug related charges in the last 5 years
- Pass a Criminal Background Check.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- Must have the physical abilities to perform strenuous physical labor.
- Must have a positive attitude about participating as a team member.
- Must be able to start work on time daily.
To apply, please bring full resume and cover letter to 115 North 10th Street, Klamath Falls, OR 97601 or email email@example.com