Integral Youth Services
Mobile Hub Driver
Integral Youth Services (IYS) is on a mission “To honor God in offering Hope to youth, providing for their needs and mentoring toward positive choices and healthy relationships” in Klamath and Lake Counties of Oregon.
Integral Youth Services (IYS) is a private, non-profit 201 (c) (3) social service agency that has been providing services for homeless and at-risk youth since 1988. Participation in each IYS program is voluntary and all services are free to the client. Our programs focus on “integrating” with one another to meet the needs of the youth and their families through advocacy, shelter, education, intervention, youth housing, employment training and life skills training.
IYS is looking for a Driver that has ties to the rural communities of Klamath County to deliver services to the families. This is a new program and multiple vehicles will be used as a mobile resource site. These populations, who may be food insecure, do not have access to community services.
This position will require building relationships with Klamath County rural communities to identify and provide access to the target population. Services to be provided will include the following:
- SNAP/OHP sign up
- Produce Connection
- IYS’ summer lunch program
- KLCAS resources
- Health resources such as dental, Klamath Health Department
The position will require driving in inclement road conditions to the outward rural communities and being an advocate for IYS and Programs.
This position will be 30 hours a week as a driver. Wages start at $13 an hour with a raise after probationary period of 3 months.
- High School education or equivalent
- Drivers license and clean driving record for at least 3 years (insurable)
Professional Qualifications & Skills
- Connections with the outward rural community
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Ability to take initiative and be self- directed
- Time management
- Healthy professional and personal boundaries
- Confidence, social skills, ability to relate with those struggling with poverty
- Integrity – doing the right thing even when nobody is looking
- Basic computer skills
- Competent in Communication Skills
- Dealing with difficult people – conflict resolution
- Ability to drive at night and through inclement road conditions
- Timely reporting to supervisor
- Modeling agencies policies and procedures